Technology at Purchase Free Library
The Purchase Free Library offers computer stations free for patron use. Disclaimer: Users access the library computer hardware, software and documentation at their own risk. The Purchase Free Library is not responsible for equipment malfunction, loss of data, any damages to the user's disks, flash or external hard drives, data etc. or electronic transactions of any type which are related to the public use of library computer resources.
- Do not download and/or install software programs on library computers. If you do, you may lose library privileges.
- Do not access pornographic or obscene materials. If you do, you may lose library privileges.
- Some Internet sites are inappropriate for viewing in a public setting. Users should refrain from the use of Internet sounds and visuals that may disrupt the ability of other library patrons to use the library and its resources. Library staff reserves the right to end Internet sessions when sexually explicit or pornographic materials are displayed.
- If no computers are available, PFL offers laptops for in house use.
- Save your work on a flash drive, external hard drive, or internet storage. Do not save or download anything on the hard (C:) drive.
- Computer work stations are designed for use by one person at a time.
- Computers in the children's area are for use by children age 11 and younger.
- Librarians are partners with parents in guiding children to safe and appropriate use of the Internet. Children are not allowed to use adult computer stations unless it's for homework or their parent/guardian is present.
wireless internet (WiFi)
For patrons who bring their own laptops or devices, a free Wi-Fi connection is available throughout the Purchase Free Library.
If both computer stations are occupied the Purchase Free Library loans out laptops for in library use.
The Purchase Free Library offers e-readers to patrons for a loan period of 3 weeks. E-readers come with chargers and carrying tote. Patron is required to sign release form upon check-out. Please view our e-reader policy for more details.